2nd IAGP INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONGRESS
14-17 June 2019, Thessaloniki
Registration will be closed on Monday 10th of June
BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE ORGANIZING COMMITTEE OF THE CONGRESS AND IAGP PRESIDENT
Dear Colleagues and Friends,
On behalf of the International Association of Group Psychotherapy and Processes (IAGP), the IAGP Research Committee and the Local Organizing Committee of the Congress we are glad to invite you to attend the 2nd IAGP INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONGRESS which will take place in Thessaloniki, Greece, on June 14-17, 2019.
The theme of the Congress will be “Trauma and Crisis” and it will be expanded in all fields of Research and all methods of Psychotherapy in order to update all the participants about recent developments and news in the field of Psychotherapy and Research. The 2nd IAGP INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH CONGRESS aims to bring together researchers from all areas of Group Psychotherapy approaches which will attract scientists and researchers from the international scientific community.
The conference is held in the conference center of Mediterranean Palace Hotel Thessaloniki, Greece.
We hope that your attendance at the 2nd IAGP conference will be interesting and enjoyable for you, both scientifically and socially, and that you will enjoy your stay in Thessaloniki, Greece.
Catherine Mela, MD (Greece)
IAGP Vice President.
Chair of IAGP Research Committee
President of the 2nd IAGP International Research Congress
Richard Beck (USA)
LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAGPA
IAGP is a truly international and global organization. The current Board of Directors comprises people from 24 countries.
Our affiliate organizations and individual members are group psychotherapists and group processors from many different theoretical orientations from around the world.
Key – note Speakers :
- Prof Hidefumi Kotani:
Founder, President of the Institute of Psychoanalytic Systems Psychotherapy and International Association of Dynamic Psychotherapy,Professor Emeritus of the International Christian UniversityFounder, Faculty of the International Organization of Group Analytic Psychotherapy
- Prof Molyn Leszcz,
Department of Psychiatry, Mount Sinai Hospital
Professor, University of Toronto Department of Psychiatry
President-Elect, The American Group Psychotherapy Assn
- Prof Magda Tsolaki (University of Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Dr Judith Teszary (FEPTO, Sweden)
- Prof Richard Beck ( IAGP President ,USA)
- Prof Gary M Burlingame, Ph.D.
Chair & Professor of Psychology
Karl G. Maeser Distinguished Faculty Lecturer
Warren & Wilson Dusenberry Professor
Conductors of the Large Group
- Prof Haim Weinberg (Israel/USA) and
- Prof Ivan Urlic(Croatia) : Group Analytic Method
- Prof Marianne Wiktorin (Sweden) and
- Dr Peter Howie (Australia) : Organization Consultancy
- Dr Jorge Burmeister (Spain/ Switzerland) and
- Dr Nikos Takis (Greece): Psychodrama method
LIST OF TOPICS
Group Psychotherapy and Trauma.
Group Analysis and Trauma Research.
Psychodrama and Trauma Research.
Management and Trauma Research at Work in Organizations.
Psychosocial Risks at Work during Crisis.
Social Research on Trauma:
• Transgenerational trauma and Social Unconscious
• Research on Social Trauma.
• Financial crisis and Trauma.
• Meta-traumatic Syndrome and Trauma after Wars and Physical Disasters
• PTSD and Trauma Resolution
Clinical and Laboratory Research on Trauma:
• Fertility and Reproduction
• Alterations provoked by Trauma and Crisis in Cognitive and Learning Brain Functions
• Trauma and Psychosomatics
• Trauma and Depression in Dementia
• Trauma and Memory & Modifications
• Modification of Brain Plasticity by Group Psychotherapy in Trauma situations.
Family & amp; Couples Research on Trauma.
PTSD and Trauma.
Drug Abuse and Trauma.
The Contribution of Art in Trauma situations.
Trauma and Education.
Dreams and Trauma.
Trauma and Climatological changes and Physical disasters.
Trauma and Refugees:
• PTSD and Syndrome of Multiple Losses: Therapeutic Treatment in Groups
• Mourning process and Transmigration
• Treatment and therapeutic responses the crisis; management in Society and the refugee social problems
• Transcultural approach: The clash of cultures between refugees.
• Conflict resolution in refugee camps: Methods and Treatment
• Dealing with Stress and Trauma.
• Cultural Epidemiology
• Torture and Hate Crimes
• Racism-Exclusion- Bulling and Violence
• Group Intervention and Support on Human Rights
• Refugees and Education at Schools.
• Trans-generational Trauma in refugees.
• Psychosocial Risks of refugees at work.
• Regional Activities and collaboration with International Organizations
• Tools for the Study of Migration in Groups (Methodology, Statistical data, Therapeutic Factors)
• Support and counceling to the staff and supervising members of Organizations related/involved with refugees (NGOs, Medicins sans Frontieres, UNCHR etc).
• The contribution of Art in Groups of refugees
• Dreams in refugees.
• Faith and trans-religion conflict in refugees.
• Trans-cultural Epidemiology.
• Gender issues and Trauma.
Thessaloniki, also familiarly known as Thessalonica, Salonica, or Salonika is the second-largest city in Greece, with over 1 million inhabitants in its metropolitan area, and the capital of Macedonia, the administrative region of Central Macedonia and the Decentralized Administration of Macedonia and Thrace.
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
The venue of the 2nd IAGP conference is the Mediterranean Palace Hotel in Thessaloniki. The luxurious 5-star hotel is located in the city center, next to the “Ladadika” district and watching over the gulf of Thermaikos
TOP HOTELS IN THESSALONIKI
Luxury, exquisite design easy access to the city center, view to the sea? Whatever the reason of your visit to Thessaloniki, there are a large number of hotels to satisfy your needs.